RedEye Photo Challenge winner

I am sharing my friend Matt’s winning entry in Chicago’s RedEye Photo Challenge. Over 2,000 photos were submitted after last week’s Great Blizzaster (which dumped 26″ of snow on the Chicagoland area!) so I’m extra proud 🙂 I love the subject, composition, light, and colors. He has other interesting pictures on his site, which the editor mentions in the accompanying blurb. After our discussion about composition today, I thought you might enjoy seeing this (and the other 31 top entries)!

N.B.: You’ll need to scroll all the way to the right to see Matt’s photo (the snowman pic that shows up on this link’s page is actually #32; the picture scroll is right below the enlarged image).

This entry was posted in photography by jmhiggs. Bookmark the permalink.

About jmhiggs

I'm a first-year PhD student in the Language, Literacy, and Culture program in the Graduate School of Education. I enjoy documenting the ordinary and extraordinary with photographs, an activity made ever easier with the multitude of technologies available nowadays!

3 thoughts on “RedEye Photo Challenge winner

1. Are you talking about the snowman picture? If so, that’s not Matt’s pic — I just realized that his is all the way to the right of the scrolling bar that’s located on the bottom of the enlarged photo view. Basically, it’s #32, and the snowman is #1 — kind of defies logical placement, but there it is!

2. Oh – rats — yes, I was talking about the snowman. OK, I went and looked at your friend’s image – spectacular!