Photography on the way to class

I spent a long time trying to get a photo of these flowers on my coffee table. It turns out my entire living room is filled with while cabinets, trim, and glass that reflects the sun in the morning. I’m still not quite happy with the picture, but here it is. My plan was to get one photo at home, one on the way to BART, and one in Berkeley, but I only managed to get the first 2 photos since I spent too long trying to get a better flower shot.

3 thoughts on “Photography on the way to class

1. Nice! I like the “eat” behind the flowers. There’s a lot going on in that image. If the flowers are still there — how about trying just the flowers and the reflections on the table? Of lowering your angle so that the flowers cover up some of the background? I’d be interested to see you experiment with different angles on this scene.

2. I especially like the first of these two Flickr images — a much stronger focus on the flowers, and eliminates the excess of the other stuff in the room. In the 2nd of these, the flowers are fighting with the background. I think the first would be even stronger with more of the reflection — complete the circle at the bottom of the image. Did you crop this?