Hasnain Nazar

I was really excited to try the miracle berry and to experience how it changes the taste of things. After reading about the miracle berry it reminded me of a study I had read once about how sight plays a role in our taste of food. Reading and experiencing the miracle berry was just bizarre as you “believe” you know a way something tastes and for something to act in opposition to that was quite surprising. The foods I tasted included: raw sugar, banana, sea-salt, lemon, blueberries, peanut butter, and jalapeños. Not all of these foods had drastic changes for me but the lemon was one in specific that was amazing. The lemon went from sour to extremely sweet! It was like something out of willy-wonka!

If food tasted like this once a year – I would assume we would be shocked for a short amount of time but then just adapt. If it was all the time the meaning of the food would just change and all of its associations would be altered to fit the new taste. Its comical how fast humans can get bored of something. I would image we would all be surprised for a bit and there would be a few buzzfeed articles amongst wild memes which would then become dated and then eventually part of our “normal” life.