Daniel Brenners

I have actually taken miracle berries a couple of times before this workshop, but it was still a great experience under the context of analyzing perception as a whole. Keeping this in mind, it was fun to see how perception was changing how I felt towards certain foods. For instance, I absolutely loathe grapefruit. But after using miracle berries, it was like manna from the gods. It almost made me think I could sympathize with people that really love grapefruit. Perhaps this is how they always taste it.

If food tasted like this once a year, I think it’d be great (granted I knew when they would taste that way). It’s refreshing to remember that perception can easily be altered and the way we see (or taste) the world is just a product of our current biology. If food tasted like this all the time, I’d probably develop stomach ulcers. It’s a dangerous world when drinking vinegar and eating lemons is a viable snack option. It would be much less surprising, and perhaps downright annoying given the lack of novelty.