Dina Bseiso

A. Fierce and Dynamic: edges, diagonals, slices, daunting, targeted, racing, multidirectional, enormous, unstable, engulfing

B. Whimsical and Delicate: shy, in hiding, awkward, clumsy, frail, clustered, scattered, spontaneous, loopy, shattered

C. Safe and Efficient: centered, square, unidirectional, parallels, aligned, framing, unambiguous, weighted, measured, orderly

Frankly, I found this assignment rather difficult — both in ideation and in execution. I decided from the start to embark on these voices on as abstract a level as I possibly could, and so found my designs to be rather simplistic on the whole. Despite this trend, I believe all three sets are distinguishable from one another. I found whimsical and delicate to be my most challenging set, in that I had in my mind a very clear idea of what that meant to me, but found it very difficult to translate the idea into material arrangement. Especially when the minimum size of our forms could be 1″x1″, I found myself readjusting, redefining what it meant to be “delicate” or “whimsical.” In the end, I found it to be my most successful set.