Composition

Word Lists

(A) Fierce and Dynamic: bold, strong, movement, angles, grounded, geometric patterns, direct, unapologetic, adrenaline, fast

(B) Whimsical and Delicate: grass, leaves, delicate balance, growth, flowers, curves, gentle, sprout, flow, sway

(C) Safe and Efficient: minimal, unadventurous, simple, clean, UI, boring, right angles, order, consistency, regular

For Fierce and Dynamic I was inspired by bold geometric patterns from the Southwestern U.S., such as triangles and zigzags, as well as by the red mesas and harsh, unapologetic landscape.

For Whimsical and Delicate, I was inspired by grasses blowing in the wind, plants growing upward, and myself as a small sprout just learning to make compositions.

For Safe and Efficient, I thought of simple mobile UI app layouts and tried to be as minimalist as possible, even to the point of maybe being boring.

As an additional creative constraint, I used the same pieces of black paper across each composition in the three sections; e.g., the second piece in each of (A), (B), and (C) all use the same pieces of black paper.