Owen Hsiao-Unexpected Objects Part 2

My original object was an orange that I got from I-House. When I think about oranges, I always associated with its edible properties. As a result, some of my original associations with the object include orange juice, Sunkist, orange Fanta, etc. Wheat I intended to do was to change this object from its original purpose to other purposed like decoration purpose. And, I though about how Jack O’ Lantern turns pumpkin into a decoration, so I begin to draw a face on the orange and was going to carve it. But then, orange tend to be a pretty popular item in the I-House dinning hall and sold out quick. I kinda wanted to eat it afterwards so I didn’t really crave it. However, the smiley face on the orange is still serves its decoration purpose well without questions. Now when I see this orange I associate it with smile, fun, energetic, and other positive personality characters. The change gives the orange the kind of association that I didn’t perceive before.
Finally, in our last lecture, Emily Paul suggested that it will be really interesting to see this orange to be put back into the dinning hall next to other normal fruits. I took the suggestion and put it back in to the fruit tray in my dinning hall and took a picture. I think the result was interesting. What do y’all think?!