- You’ll create an interactive information visualization using the tools, frameworks, and theories from this semester
- Static visualizations are accepted, if there is a rationale not to use interaction.
Your main final deliverable is a hosted version of your final visualization artifact. You’re also required to hand in a report that covers the process of your visualization and the most important step. Your report will have to include the following things:
- Competitive Analysis Who has done similar things? Did you learn anything from these visualizations? What could be improved?
- Sketches Your first rough mockups or sketches. This is particularly helpful to put in contrast to your final visualization.
- Iteration Artifacts The major iterations of your visualizations. I would like to see how your visualization has improved along the way and what decisions you made to improve them.
You’ll work in group sizes of 3-4 people. It’s best to work with people with complimentary skill sets
- Mar 20 Project proposals due
- Apr 3 Design critique 1
- Apr 24 Last lecture / Design critique 2
- May 6 Deadline for deliverables
- May 8 Project presentations