Infinity in our Pockets.

For those of you who thought the “Focus” exercises for the course app, check out these pointers from Medium.  I was looking for distraction tips during finals week so I could spend less time on my phone and computer and more time on doing my work and spending time with my family as a result.  The idea is simple: remove everything from your phone that is unnecessary; anything with a stream, anything that is a search engine, and take out the email.   I thought the most resonating point he made was: “I can’t have infinity in my pocket”.

I am pretty frightened to do this, but for finals week I might give it a go.  Just typing that makes me nervous.  Anyone have any suggestions for infinity-addicts?

ARTICLE HERE: https://medium.com/life-hacks/80f8d525b0d8

2 thoughts on “Infinity in our Pockets.

1. I wanted to unplug when I am writing (and for my teenage daughter). I took an older macbook air, stripped of EVERYTHING except word. Then I took that laptop and went somewhere in the house or outside ands nothing else. It worked.
    The great thing about stripping your phone is that in a rational moment you strip it, then when your arm is reaching for it you don’t have the access. You’re ties to the mast.
    Go for it.
    You can always reinstall. Tell yourself to do it one day only.
    (but , don’t strip it of the course app!).

1. Love that idea. So far I’ve gotten rid of Facebook and Instagram on my phone… but now I need to get rid of the news sites. The point is that we will always find SOMETHING to do. It takes real discipline to strip away totally. I love the idea.