See SaleCloud in action @ http://tinyurl.com/salecloudd!
Wondering where maxxinistas find their best deals at? We’ve got something interesting for you!
Gaurav Nitin Shetti
Visualizing sales/deals over Bay area and SF on the basis of Tweets. The project would encompass
- Listening to the streaming API to detect tweets about sales/deals from SF/East Bay
- Visualizing tweets related to sales on map as a “sales cloud” to allow users to instantly identify hot sales/deals that other shoppers are tweeting about.
- Updating the map in real-time (about every 1⁄2 hour)
- Allowing users to search by topics within the tweets and adjust the heat mapaccordingly. For instance, a user can search for tweets related to “Shoes,” which wouldthen modify the map to show tweets relating to sales with the term “Shoes” in the text.
- Allowing users to focus on certain regions of the map and view the sales tweets from those regions.
- Optional – allow store owners to sign up to the service and advertize sales/coupons.