Hacking Health 2013 Challenges & Prizes
We are excited to announce that we have $11,000 in cash prizes along with special access to mentorship up for grabs this year. The prizes are as follows:
- Genentech ERS Challenge: $7,000 cash prize and a two-hour consultation session with the FOUNDRY for the team.
- Novartis Challenge: $3,000 cash prize shared between the team.
- Most Innovative Entry: $1,000 shared between the team.
In addition we will be raffling a $100 Uber voucher to one lucky attendee chosen at random. Details of the challenges can be found below:
Teams will be judged based on the following criteria:
1. Impact & Creativity: Does the solution address a clearly identifiable problem? Is the scale of the problem large and potentially disruptive? How creative is the solution?
2. Product Viability: Does the technology match the problem addressed? Would customers use the product and get value from it if it were perfected?
3. Progress and Execution: How much did the team accomplish in during the Hackathon both in terms of MVP and customer validation? No pre-developed code should be used.
4. Business Viability: Did the team identify a scalable business model? Is there a clearly identified customer and end user(s)? Can the business make money?
Genentech ERS Challenge
A $7,000 cash prize and a two-hour FOUNDRY consultation session will be awarded to the best entry that addresses the following areas:
- Eliminate data entry errors that occur during patients visits using techniques such as real-time data and compliance checks against information in the cloud.
- Reduce the burden of recording patient visits & assessments, managing historical patient information, and monitoring drug and dosage information.
- Simplify the process of data acquisition by clinicians by using methods such as barcodes, scanners and other novel techniques.
Develop a mobile app to help physicians diagnose and differentiate between similar conditions, as well as a combination of multiple similar conditions. For example, based on a patient’s symptoms does that patient have asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD), or both?
A $3,000 cash prize awarded to the team that wins this challenge.
Most Innovative Entry
There will be a $1,000 cash prize awarded to the team that presents the most innovative concept. Our esteemed judges will award this prize based on the the idea itself, the presentation and the progress the team has made during the hackathon.
Access to data
Hackers will also have an opportunity to play with production quality patient data from Genentech. Further details on this will be available in the days preceding the event.